LIFE SUNDAY 2022
“God chose you”
“God Chose You” is Lutherans For Life’s theme for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, which is set for January 23, 2022. Your congregation can observe Sanctity of Human Life Sunday on that date or at any time during the year.
Our Life Sunday 2022 theme is based on John 15:16 – “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit.” (ESV)
Use our Life Sunday resources to help unpack this theme and what it means for the For Life movement, both nationally and in your congregation and community. Our prayer is that these materials will provide valuable information and encouragement to you, your community, and the life-affirming work you are engaged in.
available for 2022: Bulletin Inserts • Bible Study • Children’s Message • Worship Service • Sermons • Life Sunday 2022 flyer
Note: Our Life Sunday 2022 bulletin insert is available to order through Concordia Publishing House (CPH). The Life Sunday 2022 bulletin insert is also available to download at the links below for use with PowerPoint and as an email attachment. All other Life Sunday 2022 resources are available as downloads below and are not available through CPH unless otherwise indicated.
LIFE SUNDAY 2022 BULLETIN INSERT: God Chose You
- ORDER: God Chose You – Life Sunday 2022 Bulletin Insert
- Download: God Chose You – Life Sunday 2022 Bulletin Insert (PDF)
- Download: God Chose You – Life Sunday 2022 Bulletin Insert (JPEG front)
- Download: God Chose You – Life Sunday 2022 Bulletin Insert (JPEG back)
Life Sunday 2022 Bible Study with Leader’s Guide
Life Sunday 2022 Children’s Message
Life Sunday 2022 Sermons
- Salemink – John 15:12-17 God Chose You (PDF)
- Salemink – John 15:12-17 God Chose You (WORD)
- Salemink – John 15:12-17 God Chose You (PowerPoint)
- Michaelson – John 15:16 God Chose You (PDF)
- Michaelson – John 15:16 God Chose You (WORD)
- Lessing – Exodus 1-2 Heartbreak Hotel (PDF)
- Lessing – Exodus 1-2 Heartbreak Hotel (WORD)
- Blobaum – Deuteronomy 30:15-20 The Journey (PDF)
- Blobaum – Deuteronomy 30:15-20 The Journey (WORD)
- Salemink – Isaiah 62:1-5 Two Princes (PDF)
- Salemink – Isaiah 62:1-5 Two Princes (WORD)
- Rev. Michael W. Salemink, Executive Director of Mission and Ministry, Lutherans For Life
- Rev. Craig Michaelson, Faith Community Lutheran Church, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Rev. Dr. Reed Lessing, Concordia University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Rev. Gary Blobaum, St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church, Oregon, Illinois
Life Sunday 2022 Worship Service
Life Sunday 2022 Flyer
God Chose You Flyer
- Just For Kids Bulletin Insert – God Chose You (PDF)
- Life Affirming Coloring Pages (PDF)
- God Created All of Me Coloring Book (PDF)
- It’s You and Me, Lord! – A Booklet by Linda D. Bartlett
- Teaching For Life® – Sunday School/Preschool – This curricula provides a unique, Gospel-centered, positive way to help Lutheran Sunday school teachers apply God’s Word to the life issues! Includes nine lessons, with letters to parents, and reproducible graphics that will help teach key pro-life concepts.
LIFE WEEK 2022: GOD CHOSE YOU
Calling All For Life Supporters!
Life Week 2022! – Plan to join us each day from Sunday, January 16, through Saturday, January 22, 2022, to learn about, share, and build excitement For Life in your home, church, school, and community! Each themed day will explore a distinct aspect of life ministry through local activities, online educational events, and interviews.
Y4Life | Lutherans For Life scarf
$15.00 ea. (shipping included)
Bulk Orders: Order 10 scarves or more for $5.00 off per item.
WAYS TO SHARE THE FOR LIFE MESSAGE ALL YEAR LONG
- Order our How You Can Speak Booklet. Many people say, “Yes, we are For Life. But what can we do?” This booklet offers over 200 practical ways for you and your local congregation to speak up For Life.
- Include Life Quotes and Life Thoughts in the Church Year in your bulletin or newsletter and on your website.
- Provide copies of LifeDate for members of your congregation. Contact LFL at 888.364.LIFE (5433) to order.
- Place a white flower in/on chancel/altar when a person is baptized (representing the new life found in Christ).
- During worship services, display crib quilts which can later be donated to a pregnancy center.
- Have a “Celebrate Life” service on March 25 (The Annunciation of our Lord).
- Make a “For Life” banner for use in church in conjunction with Life Sunday or another event.
- On Life Sunday, celebrate the baptism of all children baptized since the previous year’s Life Sunday. Each family gets a letter of invitation prior to the Life Sunday “celebration.”
LFL designed our Life Sunday materials to complement one another. We encourage using as many of the resources on this page as possible.
Also available …
MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR THE VICTIMS OF ABORTION
Download: A Memorial Service for the Victims of Abortion (PDF)
Download: A Memorial Service for the Victims of Abortion – Text (WORD)
SPECIAL OFFERING BULLETIN INSERTS
SPECIAL OFFERING NEWSLETTER/BULLETIN ARTICLE
This Life Sunday, Consider an Offering for LFL
On January 23, 2022, many Lutheran churches across the country will observe Sanctity of Life Sunday. As part of this, dozens of congregations will collect an offering for Lutherans For Life (LFL). If yours is one, we thank you and praise the Lord! This support is also vital since 95% of our funding comes from individuals and churches. We receive no subsidies, tuition, insurance, or government reimbursement, etc.
Of course, if January 23 is not a workable Sunday, churches are free to select any one they wish this winter or any time during the year. Also, if your congregation does not collect door offerings, gifts that are budgeted or directed by a mission committee, endowment board, LWML, etc., are most welcome.
Send gifts and offerings to:
Lutherans For Life
1101 5th Street
Nevada, IA 50201-1816
Questions regarding LFL or its programs can be directed to the national office at 888.364.LIFE (5433) or email@example.com.
GOD CHOSE TO LOVE US—a Poem by Vickie L. Detert (11/14/21)
God Chose to Love Us
God chose to love us, though sinners we be.
God chose to love us and to set us free.
God chose to cleanse us with Son’s own blood.
God chose to bless us because God chose to love.
From before our conception, He knew every one
of our choices, our errors, and those yet to come.
He chose to guide us but then also gave
us choice to follow. Do we want to be saved?
God chose to be our salvation and light.
God chose to be all we need in this life.
God chose and chooses to answer our prayers.
“Lord, choose us to serve You and your glory declare.”
God chose to love us. How can we do less
than praise Him forever and in His promises rest?
God chose to love us: conception till death,
before and then after. In His choice, we confess.
The Lost Child Print
To order: The Lost Child … About the Painting