Will you help us make abortion unwanted? Please give a generous financial gift to Lutherans For Life today! You can insulate hearts and minds against abortion with our message and ministry.Donate
We have the Gospel of Jesus Christ—the most powerful, positive for-life message in the universe! We know how to listen and assist and embrace. We do very well at conversations and relationships. We can motivate, educate, and activate—and we will!
- Maybe you can’t digest the research, but you can enable us to keep doing it.
- Maybe you can’t process the videos, but you can support us as we do.
- Maybe you can’t preach the sermons and lead the Bible studies, but you can underwrite the resources we give to pastors and churches.
- Maybe you can’t print the educational booklets and informational brochures, but you can subsidize our many publications.
- Maybe you can’t engage the seminary students, but you can sponsor our visits there.
- Maybe you can’t energize young people, but you can invest in our Y4Life programs that are.
- Maybe you can’t answer the skeptics, but your offerings can facilitate our interactions.
- Maybe you can’t recruit and train volunteers, but you can assist us in coordinating Life Teams and Life Chapters.
- Maybe you can’t counsel and comfort the broken-hearted, but you can make it possible for our Word of Hope hotline to stay open (888.217.8679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your gifts helped us meet our budgeted needs for 2019—on the last day of the year! And in 2020, there’s no better vision to share and no greater cause to get involved in than saving lives. Give today and enjoy it with us!
Here’s why your help is so vitally needed …
Abortions may be increasing really soon.
With a few exceptions along the way, we’ve enjoyed nearly 30 years of declining abortion rates in America. Gospel-motivated voices of courage and compassion have even closed clinics. Speaking the truth in love—in congregations, communities, courthouses, statehouses, and our own houses—has cut the abortion rate to half its historic height. The work goes slowly, and it is often difficult. But we’re making a difference.
Now, though, the danger is rising.
Surgical abortions are going down, but chemical abortions are climbing. Although the total number of babies put to death inside their mothers is dwindling, medication abortions now make up the majority of abortions before ten weeks’ gestation. The “abortion pill” is breaching many of the barriers that keep abortionists’ instruments at bay.
Several states have also begun offering “tele-med abortions.” A pregnant woman can consult with an abortionist over videoconference from miles and hours away. A remote-controlled drawer then dispenses her the lethal tablets. Last year, a generic formulation reached the market, and more than seventy-five websites are now selling the toxic tablets—internationally and illegally—without any prescription necessary. The FDA has strongly warned against ordering these drugs online, and no agency can even guarantee these imported substances are genuine.