We will discuss:
- History of the pro-life/For Life pregnancy help movement.
- What do pregnancy help centers do?
- How do you know if the pregnancy center in your community is pro-life/For Life?
- Commitment of Care and Competency: How can you interact with and support the local pregnancy help center?
- Struggles faced by pregnancy help centers.
- How can the church and the pregnancy help center work together?
Our presenter will be Katie A. Willman. Katie has been the Executive Director of Pregnancy Help Center in her hometown of Marion, Indiana, for three years. She holds a degree in art therapy from Indiana Wesleyan University and earned an MA in practical theology from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis and is a commissioned Deaconess in the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Katie spent seven years holding leadership positions in faith-based non-profit organizations in Wisconsin. She has served as a chaplain supporting children with emotional and behavioral concerns, as house manager for a maternity home, and as a chaplain and camp director for individuals with disabilities. Katie is the vice president for the Indiana Federation of Lutherans For Life. She also enjoys singing in the church choir, art projects, spending time with her nieces and nephews, and traveling.
Recorded July 21, 2020.